Thursday, July 5, 2012

hi.


the littles are sleeping a bit late this morning after being up "past their bedtime" many many nights in a row. i'm enjoying the peace & quiet. with my coffee of course.


been feeling a bit out of sorts lately. maybe it's the campaign heating back up. maybe it's the heat of summer. maybe it's the unknown of many things to come. who really knows, except that it all amounts to a bit of discouragement here & there.


i'm not even sure if 'discouragement' is the right word. more like, 'inadequate'. but i think that's probably right where the Lord wants me. so His strength can fill the void in my weakness.



Jesus Calling was quite appropriate this morning. 

"You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control. Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways. I am always doing something new within My beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you." {references: romans 8:38-39; psalm 56:3-4; isaiah 43:19}

isn't that beautiful?



are you on the lookout? are you enjoying the 'adventure' that He's taking you on right now? i wish i could say i did all of the time. but a lot of the time i have to choose to enjoy it. does that ring a bell? choose to enjoy where He's placed me for this season.





choosing to look for Him in my day to day to day to day life. not just in the big picture, which to be honest, i think is the easier part. i know that He has the best in mind for me. but it's in the mundane that it's harder to look for Him. in my daily activities. in my chores. in my parenting. in my conflicts. in my victories.



i very much desire to slow down the pace & to be able to be diverted from the plan i had set out for the day. to be available to His call... last minute or otherwise. to seek out His plan for my day instead of my own. 

i know that He has a plan for my life.... but for my day? that's a harder pill to swallow. it's just a normal thursday, and HE has a PLAN for it? 

yup. i believe that He does. it's just going about it that is a choice i have before me, even now.

so let's get on with our day, shall we? happy thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment