Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ouch.




do you read Jesus Calling? 
i try to every morning. it's short & sweet but deeply convicting. it's packed full of Truth with a capital T. almost every morning i look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for me. 

but this morning?

this morning was like God took a sledgehammer and whacked me on the head with it. 

ouch. 

".... I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me. there is one thing, however, that displeases Me: your tendency to complain..... complaining to others is another matter altogeteher, it opens the door to deadly sins such as self pity and rage...." {via Jesus Calling, October 9}

ugh. i know i've been a bit of a debbie downer lately - especially to my hubby & closest friends. wallowing in whatever went wrong that day. and yes, we all have days that can be tiresome but i tend to air my grievances with those closest to me. when people are rude, ungrateful or complaining - i complain about them. imagine that? i've been down right irritable lately with everyone around me. just kind of in "leave-me-alone" mode. and it ain't been pretty. if you have been on the receiving end of this in any way, i am terribly sorry. please forgive me.

but today.... today, Jesus filled me up with His Grace. today i will count my blessings, no matter how hard & trying the day might get. no matter what difficult choices we have to make today, i will focus on where He leads me. i am beyond blessed in my life and today, the Lord has pointedly told me to change my perspective! imagine me teaching my kids to not whine by example instead of by scolding.... hmmm....

"do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you  will prove yourselves to be blameless & innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world." {philippians 2:14-15}

with that said, i do have a few exciting errands to run today when the littles are at their "preschool" program this morning. i cannot wait to share! i'm most looking forward to a lunch date with this pretty lady. yay!

i will be in my car most of the morning listening to great music and hopefully drinking some wonderful coffee. i am going to go get my day started now! thank you for listening today! hope you are challenged and blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. Becky,

    Saw your post on FB. Definitely needed to read this today! Thanks girl! Hope your day is wonderful:).

    CeCe

    ReplyDelete