Saturday, January 7, 2012

it's back.

my project life album.

2011. 

i'm almost done. i have two more weeks to go and i'm finished. 

and it's awesome.

it's finding a permanent home on our coffee table.

b. loves looking at it.

i'll be honest.... it sort of became a labor of love over the past three months. i had done so good at keeping 'up' with it. for six months i had done it almost religiously.

but with the move, i got behind. and it got shoved into the back of my mind for a month and i never could quite catch up.

but here's the thing. the important note that i want all of you non-believers to read. 

i never caught up.

i just went with it. i kept trying to make it be exactly what it had been. a weekly thing. an 'accurate' time log. i wanted every space to be filled just like it had been the previous six months. 

but i didn't take any pictures for a month. a whole month. nothing on my phone. nada. 

so.... after many failed attempts, i just made one layout for a whole three weeks. i made it work. and the rest of it? it may not exactly be in the order it actually happened, but next year when i look back, will i care? when b. is in high school and i look back at 2011 will i care that the gingerbread houses took place a week ahead of when they're recorded in my book? will i care that this art project was really done in october and not november? hmmm.... i think not.

so - here are a few of my favorites. 












happy weekend! i'll share more tomorrow!!!!

can't wait to share my 2012 album!!!

*** project life is a product created by the wonderful becky higgins. if you want to see how to get started, check out my post here, or the many resources on becky higgins's blog. you can also check ali edwards and the many informational posts she has there as well. get documenting!!!! ***

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thanks for sharing. One question for you. Did you do all of your pages in the design A page protector. I was trying to decide if I wanted to mix mine up or use all the same. I take a lot of up and down pictures, so I'm not sure how that would work out with the layout you have. You're pages are great!!! Congrats on finishing it. I can't wait to get started on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered my 2012 kit :) excited to get back on track! glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete